REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
The requirements to apply for any post of those offered by Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer within the official announcement 2013/2014 to perform specialized health training in ophthalmology are:
a)To have passed the MIR exam having obtained the qualification giving the right to follow studies of specialization in ophthalmology.
b)To have delivered at this Education Secretary, well in advance to the assignment of posts, the following documentation:
- a. Application from Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer (pdf on web page)
- b. Curriculum vitae
- c. Photocopy of Bachelor’s degree title, receipt of relevant accreditation.
- d. Academic dossier
- e. Recent photograph
- f. Photocopy of Identity Card/ D.N.I., N.I.E. or passport in force
- g. Handwritten letter of introduction
c) To comply with the requirements indicated by Order 5/2013 from the Ministerio de Sanidad, Asuntos Sociales e Igualdad. (Health, Social Affairs and Equality MINISTRY)
After MIR exam, the term for the submission of the listed documentation will begin on February 3 and will end on March 20, 2014, approximately.
ACCESS TESTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Access tests to compete for a MIR post in the specialty of ophthalmology at Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer, consist in a written test of theoretical concepts in general ophthalmology and a personal interview. Those candidates who overcome this first selection phase shall be submitted to a second interview.
Criteria to assess and select one candidate are as follows:
- MIR exam qualification
- Curriculum Vitae, with merits in both academic and personal fields..
- Score obtained in the access test’s internal exam.
- Outcome of the interview
On the basis of these criteria, the Educational Committee of Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer will determine those applicants who shall be given the preliminary approval for the assignment of the posts offered.
You can find information to realize MIR exam in Spain on the web page of Ministerio de Sanidad, Asuntos Sociales e Igualdad http://www.msc.es/profesionales/formacion/home.htm.
Please be informed that Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer and Instituto Universitario Barraquer, offer a Pre-MIR Program for those candidate who, after realization of the official exam, desire to participate in the established academic activities, thus having a first contact with the ophthalmologic specialty and its professional practice. For additional information, you may consult the web, Pre-MIR program.
Should you need any further explanation, do not hesitate to contact this Secretariat.
- General Regulations for Specialized Health Training
- Royal Decree 183/2008, February 8th, which determines and classifies specialties in Health Science and develops particular aspects of the specialized health training system.
- Real Decree 139/2003, February 7th, with updates regulation for specialized health training. (B.O.E. Official State Gazette of February 14th).
- Order of November 22, 1996, with modifies article nr. 14.3 from the Order of June 27,1989 regulating access to posts of Specialized Health Training (B.O.E. of November 27, 1996)
- Official Announcement of Selective Tests. Legislation for physicians, pharmaceutics and other university degrees in the fields of psychology, chemistry, la biology and physics.
- Order SSI/1695/2013, of September 18th, by which the official announcement of 2013 selective tests is approved, for access in 2014 to posts of Specialized Health Training for Physicians, Pharmaceutics, and other university degrees in the fields of Psychology, Chemistry, Biology and Physics. (BOE Nr. 228 Monday 23rd September, 2013 Sec. II.B. Page. 76302).