REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
The requirements to apply for any post of those offered by Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer within the official announcement 2012/2013 to perform specialized health training in ophthalmology are:
a)To have passed MIR exam having obtained the right to follow studies of specialization in ophthalmology.
b)To have delivered, well in advance to the post assignment, the "currículum vitae" at the Education Area’s Secretary, together with the academic report and personal data, as well as an introductory handwritten letter plus the required application from Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer.
ACCESS TESTS AND SELECTION CRITERIA:
The access tests to compete for a MIR personnel job in the specialty of ophthalmology at Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer, consist in a written test of theoretical concepts in general ophthalmology plus a personal interview. Those applicants who overcome this first selection test shall be submitted to a second interview.
The criteria to evaluate and select an applicant are:
- MIR exam qualification.
- Curriculum Vitae, with merits in both academic and personal fields.
- Score obtained at the access tests’ internal exam.
- Result of the interviews
On the basis of these criteria, the Education Committee of Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer will determine those applicants who shall be given the preliminary approval for the assignment of the posts offered.
- General Regulations for Specialized Health Training (Extract from here)
- Royal Decree 139/2003, February th7, which updates regulation of specialized health training. (Official State Gazette of the 14th).
- Order of November 22nd, 1996, which modifies article nr. 14.3 from Order of June 27th, 1989 which regulates access to places of Specialized Health Training (B.O.E. 27th November de 1996).
- Official Announcement of Selective Tests. Legislation for physicians, pharmaceutics and other university degrees in the fields of psychology, chemistry , biology and physics - announcement of selective tests.
- - Order SSI/1998/2012, of September 18th, by which the official announcement of 2012 selective tests is approved, for access in 2013 to places of Specialized Health Training for Physicians, Pharmacists and other university specialist/degrees in the fields of Psychology, Chemistry, Biology and Physics. (B.O.E. nr. 229, Saturday 22th of September 2012, Sec. II.B. Page 67215).(Extract from here)
For further information regarding specialized health training, you may accede to the web page of the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality (Ministerio de Sanidad, Servicios Sociales e Igualdad) (http://www.msc.es/profesionales/formacion/home.htm).
For additional information, exam registration forms and printed papers, should contact the Ministry of Health in Madrid or any of its territorial delegations.