The Barraquer Foundation's mission is to ensure the promotion and care of the eyes.
We do so by giving eyecare to people with limited resources—of both Spanish and foreign nationalities—, through the creation of long-lasting partnerships with organisations located in countries that are key to the objective of training up consultants where they are most needed, promoting research and awarding scholarships to promising young ophthalmologists.
The Barraquer Foundation works to:
- Offer a range of completely consolidated local services, programmes and activities
- Build stable and long-lasting partnerships in certain developing countries
- Make important contributions to the field of ophthalmic research through the Barraquer Scholarship, given out annually
- Develop an ongoing consultant teaching and training programme in close collaboration with the Barraquer Institute
- Consolidate a good position in the social economy, with welfare work known and recognised by the Catalan civil society and mainly linked to the city of Barcelona
Solidarity. It has been in the DNA of the Barraquer family since its first generation, with the creation of the dispensary in 1941 and the Eye Bank in 1962.
Empathy. We always put ourselves in the patient’s shoes, following the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre motto: “We treat our patients how we'd like to be treated”.
Excellence. We provide the patients of the Barraquer Foundation with the top professionals, Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre facilities, the most advanced technology and all the material resources required.
Commitment. We follow our cases from beginning to end, no patient is ever left behind.