Your eyes are in good hands
Barraquer provides you with top oculoplastic surgeons specialising in blepharoplasty surgery. It corrects bags and excsess skin on the eyelids in an internationally renowned centre.
- 80 years of experience
- The most advanced technology
- Quick procedures and outpatients surgery
- Bespoke care
Blepharoplasty surgery is the most commonly used method for correction of bags and skin around the eyes. It is a quick and safe procedure provided it is performed by ophthalmologists specialising in cosmetic eye surgery.
Choose the best option for you
- Upper eyelid blepharoplasty, with or without an eyebrow lift, as they can give they can make the eyes look sad or tired. This procedure removes the excess skin and fat to revert the flaccidity and drooping.
- Lower eyelid blepharoplasty, as patients with prominent bags under their eyes have a tired facial expression. This procedure removes the extra skin from the lower eyelid, the bags and the furrows from the bags.
- Four-eyelid blepharoplasty, which combines the two options above to completely rejuvenate the eyes.
Request an appointment
What is blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty is the combination of surgical techniques with the objective of correcting and rejuvenating the flaws in the tissue around the eye, eliminating the excess skin and fat.
This surgery helps to lift the upper eyelids and reduce the bags and wrinkles below the eye. Blepharoplasty surgery improves the structures of the eye's contour for a younger looking facial expression.
Am I a suitable candidate?
You are likely to be a good candidate for blepharoplasty surgery if you meet the following requirements:
- A man or woman with excess skin or fat on the eyelids
- Good facial structure
- You do not suffer from any eye diseases that contrainducate the procedure
- You are not pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You are not taking any medication that would interfere with proper healing
Barraquer is a renowned oculoplastic surgery centre and it has a team of ophthalmologists specialising exclusively in this procedure.
+300 Blepharoplasties per year
20 Years performing this surgery
What does this treatment involve?
1> Preoperative period: It is essential to undergo an assessment with a specialist oculoplastic surgeon. They will evaluate your eye health as well as the structure around the eyes (eyelids, tear duct and facial structure), and undertake an exam to determine which surgical technique best suits your case.
2> Surgery: The blepharoplasty is generally an outpatients procedure and it is performed under local anaesthesia. After the surgery, you will stay in the Centre for some time and be monitored by our team. You will be discharged on the same day.
3> Postoperative period: It is painless, in general, although it is possible to feel some discomfort. Due to the lubricating creams used after surgery, your vision might be blurry, but only temporarily. To accelerate recovery, we have platelet-rich plasma which offers speedy recovery to patients who are active in the work and social spheres and wish to resume their activies as soon as possible.
4> Results: They are gradually visible in the days following the operation.