- Cornea and ocular surface
- Refractive surgery
A graduate of Medicine and Surgery of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (1997-2004). He did his residency in ophthalmology at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre (2005-2009). He continued his training in the United States (2010-2015) where he undertook simultaneous fellowships in clinical research at the Boston KPro Group (Massachusetts Eye & Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston) and at the Kohane Lab for Biomaterials and Drug Delivery (Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, and Langer Lab, Koch Institute, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston). In March 2015, he moved to the United Kingdom to undertake a one and a half year-long clinical fellowship in the Cornea, Eye Surface and Cataracts at the Royal Victoria Infirmary (Newcastle upon Tyne Trust Hospital, NHS, Newcastle upon Tyne). In October 2016, he joined the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre once again to undertake a clinical fellowship in the Anterior Segment, Cornea and Refractive Surgery (2016-2018). He is currently a doctor at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre and works as a specialist in the anterior segment, cornea and refractive surgery department.
- He is an ophthalmologist in the areas of the cornea and ocular surface, refractive surgery and cataracts at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Content coordinator and lecturer on the Anterior Segment Master’s Degree at the Barraquer Institute.
- Chairperson of the Research Ethics Committee of the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Joaquin Rutllán prize 2008: Awarded to the best scientific article published on a topic of choice in relation to Ophthalmology. 2nd prize for “Intrastromal rings and corneal hysteresis in Keratoconus. Preliminary results. Anales del Instituto Barraquer. 2008;37(3-4):109-116”.
- TEDEC-MEIJI FARMA prize 2007-2008: Awarded to the best poster presented at an Ophthalmology Meeting by a resident from the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre, for “Pseudophakic capsular block syndrome. Presented at the 2008 84th Spanish Society of Ophthalmology Annual Meeting”.
- ALCON prize 2018: Awarded to the best scientific article published by a consultant from the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre, for “Outcomes of Penetrating Keratoplasty following Autologous Cultivated Limbal Epithelial Stem Cell Transplantation. Stem Cells. 2018 Jun;36(6):925-931”.