Reach your professional goals
The Barraquer Institute gives all professionals the opportunity to undertake an external rotation at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre. During the programme, a tutor gives each student personalised supervision so that each one reaches their professional goals.
Any medical ophthalmologist or house doctor (from STR upward) can access this programme. It is also suitable for doctors from overseas provided they have a level of Spanish equivalent to a C1. The programmes begin in January, April and October and last between 1 and 3 months depending on the specialism chosen.
We train professionals who are highly qualified in ophthalmic subspecialisms.
We offer the option to undertake this rotation in any of the following programmes, depending on the student's area of interest:
- Refractive surgery and cataracts
- Cornea and eye surface
We share a wide range of resources and opportunities with doctors on rotation:
- Attend Barraquer medical team consultations.
- Attend clinical and training sessions provided at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Attend surgical procedures as an observer.
- Attend academic events held during the rotation–except Master's Degree classes–, such as InSide Barraquer conferences.
- Access the WetLab sessions once a week.
- Special rates to use the 3D simulator and perform cataract and vitreo-retinal surgery, for the purposes of experience and adapted to the suit the student's level.
- Access to the Josefa Moner Library to consult its extensive medical catalogue or to avail of a space to do work.