The current situation and educational needs of ophthalmologists and house doctors has led to the opportunity of joining the Instituto Barraquer (Barraquer Institute) as members, and they will be able to attend the Institute's clinical sessions along with the junior house doctors at the Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer (Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre), participate in WetLab surgeries, attend on-site surgeries and have access to one of the largest libraries in Europe specialising in Ophthalmology.
As a fellow of the Barraquer institute, you will have to right to:
- Use the Barraquer Institute's library
- Access the operating theatre where you can see live operations.
- 30% discount on our scheduled Intensive courses. *To access these you have to be a member for one year and have your membership paid up-to-date.
- Receive information on the Institute's activities.
The annual membership fee is 100 EUR.
Only members of the Institute will be able to register as intern members. Intern members will have the right to:
- Attend 10 surgical sessions, viewing them from the tiers of the operating theatres. (4 surgeons).
- Attend Master’s degree classes during their stay as a guest.
The internship period may be extended by a maximum period of 3 months. In the case of the Oculoplasty Unit, they may attend for 1 month maximum. Members who have completed the Ophthalmology specialisation will also be able to:
- Attend the consulting room as an observer on their specialisation depending on availability (1 consultation per week).
- Carry out 5 sessions in the surgery department of instruction.
Being an intern member does not count as a professional internship.
The annual membership fee is 80 EUR.
To request to join as a member/intern members of the Institute, you must fill out the following form and send us the following information by email to: email@example.com -
- Photocopy of your ID card/ passport
- Certified copy of your degree certificate
- Digital photo
Once we receive this information, we will send it to the Governing Board, who will assess your profile and contact you to confirm your appointment.