"Web accessibility means that websites, tools, and technologies are designed and developed so that people with disabilities can use them. More specifically, people can perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the Web and contribute to the Web. Web accessibility also benefits others, including elderly people whose skills have been affected because of their age.”
W3C World Wide Web Consortium
We want all those who visit our website to feel welcome. Accessibility is an important part of our portal and it has been designed with the principal objective of delivering our information effectively and connecting with everyone. To do so, we used the guidelines set out by the (WCAG) 2.0.
We have a commitment to meet Level AA conformance. Our website code has been validated using the W3C service.
What have we done?
- The tabs for browsing follow a logical order.
- The interactive items have a clear distinction when they are the focus, they indicate their intention and status.
- The user’s focus does not get stuck at any point during browsing.
- The items that require an explanation use guides with label attributes or aria-label attributes in cases where the user is browsing using a screen reader.
- The items that are hidden during browsing are also hidden by screen readers.
- The visual order of the page follows the order of the document object model (DOM).
- The page headers and headings also follow a stable hierarchy.
- Areas and regions for optimising accessibility (HTML5 landmarks) have been indicated.
- The browsing items are distinguished in one or two different ways and not just by a change of colour.
- All the text items have been reviewed so that they meet the AA Contrast Ratio (3:1 in large letter size and 4.5:1 in normal sizes).
- Browsing has been made easier for users on screen readers with skip links so they can go straight to the page content.
- All the browser items are visible and navigable when a page is viewed with a 200% zoom.
Your opinion matters
If you encounter a problem when using barraquer.com or you have any questions or comments, please contact us. Thanks to your feedback, we can improve our website.