Drug Research Ethics Committee
The Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre Drug Research Ethics Committee (CEIm) was founded in 1993 to comply with Spanish Law 25/1990 of 20 December on Drugs, establishing that all clinical trials with drugs and health products are previously approved by a Drugs Research Ethics Committee, which should be accredited by the appropriate authority, which in the case of Catalonia is the Health and Social Security Department of the Autonomous Government of Catalonia.
The Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre is aninstitution with a distinctive research nature, a field in which its clinical trials are most noteworthy. Since the founding of the Centre until present, the number of proposals for clinical trial protocols has been steadily increasing.
- President: Dra. Gemma Julio
- Vice-President: Dr. Pablo Ferrer Salvans, clinical pharmacologist and bioethics expert
- Technical secretary: Mr. David Cerdán Palacios, optician
- Clinical pharmacist spokesperson: Ms. Emma Movilla Polanco, pharmacist
- Legal spokeesperson: Mr. Antoni Ruiz Carrillo, lawyer
- Ophthalmology Dept. spokesperson. Anterior Segment: Dr. Marta Mármol. doctor, ophthalmologist
- Ophthalmology Dept. spokesperson. Posterior Segment: Dr. Jorge Fernández. doctor, ophthalmologist
- Nursing Dept. spokesperson: Ms. Raquel Larena. nurse
- Patient Care Unit spokesperson: Ms. Mª Paz Carrillo Carrillo
- Research Dept. spokesperson: Dr. Ralph Michael, engineer
- Patient Representative spokesperson: Mr. Jordi Palà Vendrell. Batxillerato, President of Afectados por Retinosis Pigmentaria Catalunya.
- Primary care pharmacy representative: Dr. Roser Vallès Fernández, pharmacist
- Internal medicine spokesperson: Dr. Ramón Rey Santos, doctor, internal medicine specialist