Drug Research Ethics Committee
The Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre Drug Research Ethics Committee (CEIm) was founded in 1993 to comply with Spanish Law 25/1990 of 20 December on Drugs, establishing that all clinical trials with drugs and health products are previously approved by a Drugs Research Ethics Committee, which should be accredited by the appropriate authority, which in the case of Catalonia is the Health and Social Security Department of the Autonomous Government of Catalonia.
The Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre is aninstitution with a distinctive research nature, a field in which its clinical trials are most noteworthy. Since the founding of the Centre until present, the number of proposals for clinical trial protocols has been steadily increasing.
- President: Dra. Gemma Julio. Farmacéutica, Doctora por la Universidad de Barcelona. Subdirectora de Investigación.
- Vice-President: Dr. Pablo Ferrer Salvans, clinical pharmacologist and bioethics expert.
- Technical secretary: Ms. Mònica Martí Orpinell, pharmacist.
- Clinical pharmacist spokesperson: Ms. Emma Movilla Polanco, pharmacist.
- Legal spokeesperson: Mr. Antoni Ruiz Carrillo, lawyer
- Ophthalmology Dept. spokesperson: Dr. Mª José Capella Elizalde. Doctor, ophthalmologist
- Ophthalmology Dept. spokesperson: Dr. Paola Sauvageot Beneria. Doctor, ophthalmologist
- Ophthalmology Dept. spokesperson: Dr. Federico Trejos Neurohr. Doctor, ophthalmologist
- Research Dept. spokesperson: Ms. Raquel Larena. Nurse.
- Patient Care Unit spokesperson: Mr. Jordi Prats Griera.
- Patient Representative spokesperson: Mr. Javier Albacete Hernández
- Primary care pharmacy representative: Dr. Roser Vallès Fernández. Pharmacist.
+34 932 09 53 11 - 4621
Monday to Thursday, from 9 am to 1 pm and 15 pm to 6 pm. Friday from 9 am to 1 pm.
PDF · 1,43 MB
PDF · 191 KB
PDF · 197 KB · Spanish
PDF · 140 KB