Through the International Scholarship Program, the Barraquer Foundation offers each year three young ophthalmologists with few resources, from any country in the world, the possibility of carrying out training stays at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre following a teaching program tailor-made by the Barraquer Institute.
3-4 months stays
- From January 1 to April 30, 2022
- From May 1 to July 31, 2022
- From September 1 to December 31, 2022
Training in the main subspecialties
- Cataracts and anterior segment
- Cornea and ocular surface
- Children’s ophthalmology and strabismus
- Retina and vitreous
Each scholarship holder will be assigned a tutor, a specialist from the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre
At the end of the stay, the Foundation and the Barraquer Institute will issue a training certificate.
At the bottom of this page you can consult the bases of the call for the 2022 scholarships.
- To have a degree in medicine with a specialty in ophthalmology
- To have completed the period of residence within the last two years or be taking the last course.
- A good command of English will be mandatory and knowledge of Spanish will be positively valued.
Deadline for submitting applications: from October 1 to 31.
Resolution and notification: Between November 20 and 30, 2021, the Barraquer Foundation will notify the selected persons by email of the granting of the scholarship and the period of stay assigned at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
Documentation to submit:
- Valid passport
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation written by an ophthalmologist who has worked with the scholarship applicant
- Motivation letter
Documentation must be attached in the following form.
Bases of the call
PDF · 59 KB · English