- Restrictions on access to the Centre, access limited to patients with appointments and eye emergencies.
- Reschedule of appointments with more widely spaced visits.
- Ophthalmic shifts distributed on different floors.
- Implementation of the new Covid-19 protocol for patient access and reception at the Centre.
- PCR and IgG (antibody test) to all preoperative patients.
- Specific protocol for Covid-19 positive patients.
Who should undergo a PCR test?
PCR tests are only performed on patients who have scheduled a surgical intervention at the Centre.
Sois nuestra prioridad
We are a safe space
We have been recognised as a safe space as we have a protection system in place against the Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus. The Covid-protected seal, earned after an audit, is available in the downloadable material at the bottom of this page.
Changes in our facilities
- Expansion and redistribution of waiting rooms to guarantee a safe distance.
- Waiting room capacity control.
- Reinforcement of the cleaning and disinfection of the facilities.
- Disinfection of consultation rooms between patient appointments.
- Adaptation of specific rooms for pediatric ophthalmology.
- Withdrawal printed material in common areas, such as magazines or information brochures.
- Covid-19 safety signs in common areas.
- Increase in the number of hydroalcoholic gel dispensers.
- Installation of protective partitions in receptions and the infirmary.
- Installation of protection screens on the equipment in the consultation rooms.
- Approved protective equipment based on the work they do.
- Regular health examinations.
- Covid-19 specific continuous training for personnel.
For your own comfort, if you have any medical queries, there is no need to travel unnecessarily. We have set up a new online chat system allowing you to solve any queries from home.
On the day of the appointment remember
- You must come wearing a mask. Gloves are optional.
- Arrive at the agreed time. This helps us to avoid unnecessary waiting time and accumulation of patients. If you arrive at the clinic before the scheduled time, depending on the capacity, you may have to wait outside our facilities.
- If you are late, we may not be able to see you the same day and we will schedule the visit later.
- Avoid moving around the clinic. Stay in the designated waiting room until you are called.
In relation to the situation caused by the coronavirus outbreak, Barraquer has set out guidelines to prevent and minimise the risk of contagion during the visit.
Safety has always been a priority at Barraquer. That is why we have devoted the last few weeks to making our Centre a safe space where we can now have you again and serve you with safety fully guaranteed. Thanks to the commitment to digitisation, the promotion of remote working, the adaptation of spaces and the implementation of a strict health protocol, we are in a position to guarantee your safety and that of all the people who attend to you.
Do you have doubts?
If you have any questions about the regulations adopted under the current situation, you can contact us and we will help you.