We are a safe space
We are acknowledged as a safe space for having a protection system against the Sars-CoV-2 coronavirus. The Covid Protected seal, granted by audit, is available in the downloadable material at the bottom of this page.
- Restrictions on access to the Center, access limited to patients with appointment and eye emergencies.
- Access for companions is prohibited, except for minor or disabled patients.
- Patient questionnaire about possible exposure to Covid-19.
- Reschedule of appointments with more widely spaced visits.
- Ophthalmic shifts distributed on different floors.
- Implementation of the new Covid-19 protocol for patient access and reception at the Center.
- Delivery of a bag to patients so they can store their belongings.
- PCR and IgG (antibody test) to all preoperative patients.
- Specific protocol for Covid-19 positive patients.
- Access control with specific regulations for collaborating external companies.
- Commercial visits and suppliers prohibited.
Changes in our facilities
- Expansion and redistribution of waiting rooms to guarantee the safety distance.
- Control of the capacity of the waiting rooms.
- Restricted access to elevators.
- Reinforcement of the cleaning and disinfection of the facilities.
- Disinfection of the consultation between patient and patient.
- Adaptation of specific rooms for pediatric ophthalmology.
- Withdrawal of common areas of printed material, such as magazines or information brochures.
- Covid-19 safety signs in common areas.
- Increase in the number of hydroalcoholic gel dispensers.
- Installation of protection partitions in receptions and infirmary.
- Installation of protection screens in the equipment of the consultations.
- Protective equipment approved according to the work they do.
- Regular health examinations.
- Administrative staff continue to telework, reducing the number of staff at the Center.
- Covid-19 specific continuous training for personnel.
For your comfort, if you have medical queries you do not have to travel unnecessarily. For this, we put at your disposal a new online chat that allows you to solve any question from home.
On the day of the appointment remember
- It is mandatory to come with a mask. Gloves are optional.
- Go alone to the visit. If you are a minor, a person with low vision or a person with mobility problems, entry will be allowed with a single companion.
- Arrive at the agreed time. In this way we will avoid unnecessary waiting time and accumulation of patients. If you arrive at the clinic before the scheduled time, depending on the capacity, you must wait outside our facilities.
- If you are late, we may not be able to visit you the same day and we will schedule the visit later.
- You should know that, upon arrival at the clinic, you will be given a series of instructions and we will ask you to rub your hands with a hydroalcoholic gel for 20 seconds.
- Avoid wearing bracelets, necklaces or earrings. The coronavirus remains on metal surfaces for days.
- Maintain a safety distance of 2 m at all times.
- Avoid moving around the clinic. Stay in the designated waiting room until you are called.
- Avoid touching surfaces such as tables, chairs, counters, etc.
- We recommend paying the amount of the visit by credit card and not in cash (less probability of viral contamination).
In relation to the situation generated by the coronavirus outbreak, Barraquer has established guidelines to prevent and minimize the risk of contagion during the visit.
Safety has always been a priority at Barraquer. That is why we have devoted the last weeks to turning our Center into a safe space where we can now receive you again and serve you with all the guarantees of safety. Thanks to the commitment to digitization, the promotion of telework, the adaptation of spaces and the implementation of a strict health protocol, we are in a position to guarantee your safety and that of all the people who will assist you.