For the health and safety of all, this programme is temporarily postponed, given the exceptional circumstances caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. This page will be updated with information on the next session whenever possible. Thank you for your understanding.
Reach your professional goals
The Barraquer Institute gives all professionals the opportunity to undertake an external rotation at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre. During the programme, a tutor gives each student personalised supervision so that each one reaches their professional goals.
Any medical ophthalmologist who is undertaking their medical residency (from STR upward) can access this programme. It is also suitable for doctors from overseas provided they have a level of Spanish equivalent to a C1. The programmes begin in January, April and September and last between 1 and 3 months depending on the specialism chosen.
We train professionals who are highly qualified in ophthalmic subspecialisms.
We offer the option to undertake this internship programme in any of the following areas, depending on the student's area of interest:
- Refractive surgery and cataracts
- Cornea and eye surface
We share a wide range of resources and opportunities with doctors on rotation:
- Attend Barraquer medical team consultations.
- Attend surgical procedures as an observer.
- Attend complementary imaging tests.
- Attend clinical and training sessions provided at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Attend academic events held during the rotation–except Master's Degree classes–, such as InSide Barraquer conferences.
- Access the WetLab sessions once a week.
- Access to the Josefa Moner Library to consult its extensive medical catalogue or to avail of a space to do work.