Complete your specialized training
The Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre hosts ophthalmology resident doctors, who carry out their MIR training in other hospitals nationwide and who request to complete their training in one of our departments or subspecialized areas.
These official rotations of residents between hospitals will be authorized by the competent body of each Autonomous Community in accordance with its specific regulations. In all cases, they must be proposed by the tutor to the Teaching Commission, specifying the objectives that are intended for the expansion of knowledge or the learning of techniques not carried out in the Centre or Unit and that are necessary or complementary to the official program of the specialty.
For its authorization, the Teaching Commission of the destination centre must expressly declare its agreement.
We offer the option to undertake this internship programme in any of the following areas, depending on the student's area of interest:
- Refractive surgery and cataracts
- Cornea and eye surface
We share a wide range of resources and opportunities with doctors on rotation:
- Attend Barraquer medical team consultations.
- Attend surgical procedures as an observer.
- Attend complementary imaging tests.
- Attend clinical and training sessions provided at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Attend academic events held during the rotation–except Master's Degree classes–, such as InSide Barraquer conferences.
- Access the WetLab sessions once a week.
- Access to the Josefa Moner Library to consult its extensive medical catalogue or to avail of a space to do work.