- Córnea y superficie ocular
A graduate of Medicine with top marks from Mahidol University in Thailand (1987), after specialising in Ophthalmology at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre (1990-1994), he returned to Thailand to take up the position of Deputy Director of the Ophthalmology Department of the Thai Navy Hospital of Somdej Prapinklao (1995-2003). When he finished there, he came back to the Barraquer Centre again to carry out a Cornea Fellowship and in 2003 he joined the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre as an ophthalmologist in the Cornea and Ocular Surface Department, where he currently works.
Dr. Victor Charoenrook has also undertaken complementary training in his specialist areas in the following centres: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston (Dr. Steven Pflugfelder); Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami (Dr. Eduardo Alfonso); and the Ocular Surface Center, Miami (Dr. Scheffer C.G. Tseng), all in 2005. Subsequently, he earned his PhD summa cum laude from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2016).
- He is an ophthalmologist in the Cornea and Ocular Surface Department at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- He is a tutor of house doctors at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Founding member of the Cornea Society of Thailand.
- Member of the following organisations: Royal Academy of Ophthalmology of Thailand, Spanish Royal Academy of Ophthalmology, Spanish Society of Implant-Refractive Ocular Surgery (SECOIR) and the Fundació Acadèmica de Ciències Mèdiques i de la Salut de Catalunya i Balears.
- The Ocular Surface. April 2019 doi: 10.1016/jtos.2019.04.006. “Osteo-odonto-, Tibial bone and Boston keratoprosthesis in clinically comparable cases of chemical burn and autoimmune disease”. Maria Fideliz de la Paz, Borja Salvador-Culla, Victor Charoenrook, Jose Temprano, Juan Álvarez de Toledo, Günther Grabner, Ralph Michael, Rafael I. Barraquer.
- The Ocular Surface. April 2018, vol. 16, nº2 pages 259-264. “Comparison of long-term results between osteo-odonto-keratoprosthesis and tibial bone keratoprosthesis”. Victor Charoenrook, Ralph Michael, Maria Fideliz de la Paz, Jose Temprano, Rafael I. Barraquer.
- Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery. February 2017, vol. 43, nº2 pages 167-173. “Femtosecond laser–assisted laser in situ keratomileusis versus photorefractive keratectomy: Effect on ocular surface condition”. Paola Sauvageot, MD, PhD, Gemma Julio, PhD, Juan Alvarez de Toledo, MD, PhD, Victor Charoenrook, MD, PhD, Rafael I. Barraquer, MD, PhD.