Dr. Javier Elizalde
Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) in1990. Doctor Cum Laude in Medicine and Surgery by UAB in 2003 (National Prize Thesis). Training of specialist in ophthalmology in the MIR Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre (1991-1994). Chief of residents in 1994. Training in USA between 1995 and 1998 in pathology and surgery of the vitreous and retina at the Bascom Palmer EyeInstitute (Miami, FL) with Dr. Donald Gass, in Columbia University (New York, NY) with Dr. Stanley Chang, at the Vitreous Retina Macula Consultants (New York, NY) with Dr. Lawrence Yannuzzi and in Memphis (Tennessee) with Dr. Steve Charles. Complementary Training in ocular oncology at the Wills Eye Hospital (Philadelphia, PA) with the Drs. Jerry and Carol Shields (1999).
- Vitreous-Retina Surgeon (Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre)
- Deputy Coordinator of the Vitreous-RetinaDepartment
- Coordinator of the Ocular Oncology Unit
- Vice-president of the Academic Board of the Barraquer Institute
Spanish, Catalan, English, French, Italian
Publicaciones destacadas | Congresos
- Tumores vasculares de la retina y coroides. 2ª edición (Editorial Euromedice, Barcelona). 99 páginas. ISBN: 9788496727991-7. 2010.
- Spontaneous regression in a case of racemose haemangioma Archer’s type 2.Retinal cases & briefs reports 2011, 5:294-296.
- Photodynamic therapy in the management of circumscribed choroidal hemangioma.Can J Ophthalmol 2012, 47(1):16-20.
- Progression of cutaneous vitiligo in a patient with large posterior choroidal melanoma: a case report. Ocul Oncol Pathol 2015;1:241-247.
- Vitreomacular traction syndrome: postoperative functional and anatomic outcomes. Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging Retina 2015; 46(2):235-242.