- Cornea and ocular surface
- Refractive surgery
An ophthalmologist specialising in refractive surgery, transplants and the anterior segment. He graduated in Medicine from the University of Lleida (2002). He undertook his residency in Ophthalmology at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre and gained Master’s degrees from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) in retinovascular pathology, inflammation and tumours, macular, retina and vitreous pathologies, cornea and ocular surface pathologies, as well as cataract and glaucoma diagnosis and treatment (2003-2007). He earned his PhD cum laude from the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- He is an ophthalmologist in the areas of the cornea and ocular surface, refractive surgery and cataracts at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- He is president of the Research Ethics Committee of the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- He is Deputy Director of the undergraduate and postgraduate teaching at the Barraquer Institute.
- He is a Lecturer at the International University of Catalonia (UIC).
- Long-term Results of Corneal Cross-linking for Terrien’s Marginal Degeneration (2018). Lamarca J, Salvador-Culla B, Fernández-Vega C, Barraquer RI.
- Histological Patterns of Epithelial Alteration in Keratoconus (2017). Hileeto, Denise; Sorbara, Luigina; Gorbet, Maud; Bizheva, Kostadinka K.; Lamarca, Jose; Maldonado, Miguel; Pastor, Jose-Carlos; Lopez Lopez, Jose Carlos.
- Treatment resistant fungal keratitis caused by Colletotrichum gloeosporioides (2016). Lamarca J, Vilaplana F, Nadal J, García-Barberán I, Barraquer RI.
- Keratitis secondary to Fusarium spp. In Spain 2012-2014. Mosquera Gordillo MA1, Barón Cano N2, Garralda Luquin A3, López Gutiérrez C4, Mengual Verdú E5, Trujillo Cabrera G6, Garrido Fierro JM7, Lamarca Mateu J8, Sánchez España JC9, Marticorena Álvarez P10, Feijoó Lera R11, Martín Nalda S12, Marti Huguet T13, García Conca V5.