- The collection took place from May to July in General Optica stores, the Barraquer Foundation's partner organisation.
- More than 68,000 General Optica customers have donated through the social company Worldcoo's rounding up initiative.
- The donations will go towards promoting and caring for the eye health of a range of vulnerable groups.
The Barraquer Foundation has received more than 45,000 euros towards its local project Mirem per tu. This figure has been collected thanks to donations from more than 68,000 General Optica customers through the social company Worldcoo’s rounding up initiative.
General Optica's two card payment systems using rounding up made this initiative possible. Introduced using Worldcoo's technology, the initiative involves giving the customer the option of rounding up the price of their purchase to contribute to the cause with a small donation.
‘Mirem Per Tu’ project
The amount donated will all go towards Mirem Per Tu, the Barraquer Foundation's project taking place in Barcelona and offering ophthalmic and optometric assistance to the city's most vulnerable groups, many of them children. Thanks to partnerships with many local organisations, Barraquer can help its users by providing:
- Comprehensive eye check-up days, sending medical teams out to organisations.
- Ophthalmic treatments in the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre, covering both medical visits and diagnostic tests including medication and surgery, if required.
- Prescription lenses at a discounted price provided by General Optica, the project's partner organisation.. Thanks to this partnership, 700 personalised optometric treatments have now been carried out.
We would like to say a big thank you to all those who made the Barraquer Foundation's work possible. It is thanks to your contributions we can improve the eye health of individuals in vulnerable situations.
If you would also like to partner with the Barraquer Foundation, you can find out about the numerous ways of doing so by clicking on this link: https://www.barraquer.com/en/foundation/join-us