What is microneedling?
Microneedling, also called collagen induction therapy, is a procedure that stimulates the skin's self-repair process using multi depth-controlled micro needles, triggering the natural generation of collagen and elastin, while allowing deeper penetration of the cosmetic active ingredients used in conjunction.
In youth we have optimal levels of collagen that from the age of 25 begin to decrease physiologically. Over the years, the body gradually decreases the production of this natural protein, although this loss –sometimes even premature– is also highly conditioned by the environment and lifestyle.
Microneedling rejuvenates the skin from the inside and improves various facial conditions:
- Expression lines
- Wrinkles, furrows and crow's feet.
- New and old scars.
- Marks of acne or chickenpox.
- Stains and pigmentation conditions (dyschromia) such as melasma, vitiligo or lentiginous.
- Enlarged pores, blackheads, grease and sebum.
- Facial flaccidity.
Reset your skin
At a time when aesthetics no longer pursues obvious and exaggerated results, but rather subtle and natural ones, with minimally invasive procedures, microneedling stands as one of the most revolutionary techniques in recent years due to its countless benefits.
- Rejuvenates the skin promoting the formation of new fibroblasts that begin to synthesize collagen.
- Creates a uniform tone.
- Provides firmness and a tightening effect.
- Provides luminosity to the face, with a healthier appearance.
- Improves the texture of the skin, increasing elasticity and resistance.
- Decreases the production of melanin, preventing and improving the appearance of melasma, chloasma and solar lentigo.
- Minimally invasive and with little recovery time.
- Natural results for any skin type and tone.
- Increases the effectiveness of cosmetics used later, since the microperforations in the skin allow the products to penetrate better.
- Safe treatment for all patients for whom it is indicated.
How is the treatment performed?
Microneedling effectively combats premature aging with a fast, simple and safe procedure.
|On the part of the patient, it is very important to choose an appropriate medical centre to carry out the treatment. Once in the consultation room, the doctor will carry out a very detailed and personalized initial assessment, listening to the patient's wishes and studying his/her anatomy. The doctor will also take photographs to be able to assess the effectiveness of the procedure upon completion.|
|This is an outpatient treatment that lasts approximately 20 minutes and takes place in the consultation room. It is performed using a medical device that performs multiple punctures of different depths. In an automated but personalized process adapted to the characteristics of each face it creates thousands of microscopic channels in the skin. These small, perfectly controlled and tolerable wounds activate the body's natural healing response, stimulating the natural induction of collagen and rejuvenating the skin’s complexion to make it look healthier and younger. In addition, microneedling helps controlled penetration of various active ingredients with greater skin absorption for cosmetic treatments. Although it is a minimally invasive procedure, micro punctures can be slightly annoying, but it is a moderate tolerable pain and the outcome makes up for it. Microneedling is compatible with other treatments and works as an ideal complement to botulinum toxin, hyaluronic acid, revitalizing peels, platelet-rich plasma (PRP) or intense pulsed light (IPL).|
Microneedling heps to obtain a regenerated and rejuvenated skin with natural results. This clinically proven solution safely and effectively improves the quality of the face after the first session. The procedure requires minimal downtime, so the patient can return to their usual activities as soon as possible. During the first 24 hours you may experience some swelling or redness, but little by little it will fade over time. During those hours we recommended to avoid wearing makeup, going to swimming pools and extreme temperatures so that the skin rests. It is also advised to follow a diet rich in collagen to enhance the effects of the treatment. In general, after the first session, it is recommended to have another session one month later and carry out a total of at least three sessions to achieve maximum effect. Nevertheless, the treatment will adapted according to the needs of each patient.
A broad spectrum treatment
One of the most attractive aspects of microneedling is that it can be used on various parts of the body, the most common areas being the face, neck, décolleté and hands. In addition, it is a treatment for almost everyone, since it is indicated for men and women of all ages.
- In young skin preventively to delay the appearance of signs of aging, from approximately 22 years.
- In mature skin to reverse and improve the appearance of signs of aging that have already appeared.