Our Centre has a highly specialised Glaucoma Department
Glaucoma is an irreversible disease of the optic nerve that has various causes, the most significant risk factor for which is high intraocular pressure (IOP). It is the second cause of blindness in the Western world and 50% of those suffering from it in developed countries are unaware.
Early detection and timely treatment significantly improve the visual prognosis of the disease and can prevent its progression towards blindness.
The main pathologies treated in this department are:
- Glaucoma: diagnosis and treatment
- Childhood glaucoma
- Adult glaucoma
We offer medical, laser and surgical treatment for this pathology
- Laser iridotomy
- Selective laser trabeculectomy (SLT)
- Laser goniopuncture
- Glaucoma surgery during childhood
- Glaucoma filtration surgery: Trabeculectomy/non-penetrating deep sclerectomy
- Glaucoma drainage device implants
- Glaucoma drainage micro stents (MIGS)
- Combined glaucoma (+cataract/vitrectomy) surgery
Our team is made up of expert surgeons who are nationally and internationally renowned.