She graduated in Medicine and Surgery from the Autonomous University of Barcelona in 2005. She took her house officer specialist training in Ophthalmology at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre (2006-2010). She undertook further training in the subspecialist area of uveitis and ocular inflammation in centres in the United States like the Massachusetts Eye Research and Surgery Institution (Cambridge, January-June 2011) and the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute (Miami, September-November 2011). She is currently a member of the Vitreous-Retina Department and specialises in the treatment of uveitis and ocular inflammation at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- She is an ophthalmologist in the areas of the retina and vitreous and uveitis and ocular inflammation at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Member of the teaching team for Master’s degree courses and Postgraduate single-specialisation courses organised by the Barraquer Institute.
- Member of the International Ocular Inflammation Society, the Spanish Ocular Inflammation Society and Spanish Vitreo-Retinal Society
- Nadal J, Capella MJ. Treatment of proliferative diabetic retinopathy with viscosurgery using vital staining. ArchOphthalmol 2011; 129: 1358-1360.
- Elizalde J, Capella MJ. Takayasu’s retinopathy. Int Ophthalmol 2011; 31: 533-7.
- Capella MJ, Foster CS. Long-term efficacy and safety of infliximab in the treatment of Behçet's disease. Ocul Immunol Inflamm 2012; 20: 198-202.
- Leon Rodriguez DA, Serrano Lopera A, Cordero-Coma M, Márquez A, Fonollosa A, Ruiz-Arruza I, Callejas JL, García Serrano JL, Díaz Valle D, Pato E, Cañal J, Del Rio MJ, Capella MJ, Blanco A, Olea JL, Cordero Y, Martín-Villa JM, Gorroño-Echebarría MB, Molins B, Adán A, Martin J. Study of association of CTLA4 gene variants to non-anterior uveitis. Tissue Antigens 2015; 86(5): 373-6.
- Márquez A, Cordero-Coma M, Martín-Villa JM, Gorroño-Echebarría MB, Blanco R, Díaz Valle D, Del Rio MJ, Blanco A, Olea JL, Cordero Y, Capella MJ, Díaz-Llopis M, Ortego-Centeno N, Ruiz-Arruza I, Llorenç V, Adán A, Fonollosa A, Ten Berge J, Atan D, Dick AD, De Boer JH, Kuiper J, Rothova A, Martín J. New insights into the genetic component of non-infectious uveitis through an Immunochip strategy. J Med Genet 2017;54(1):38-46.